Advanced Monitor Calibration
Spyder4pro is a display color calibration solution designed for photographers and creative professionals that need to match prints. It includes the ability to adapt to ambient light changes.
Why Calibrate Your Display?
- Displays render the same image differently: Calibration tunes your display to a reference standard and brings color consistency across desktop, laptop, multiple displays, iPad, iPhone and Android devices.
- Displays change over time: Recalibration returns it to reference state for brightness and color
- Prints often do not match display:
Display calibration provides a base for better print matching
- Wide gamut displays may be oversaturated: Without calibration even wide-gamut displays may be inaccurate.
- Highlight and shadow details may be inaccurate: Control of brightness, white point and tone response with calibration.
- Image colors are not true to life: After calibration, images can be viewed and edited with confidence
Photographers and designers can work confidently on a properly color calibrated screen and can assert greater control over the color fidelity of their digital process. Images can be reliably assessed and adjusted on a properly calibrated display, enabling true-to-life reproduction of image files.
HOW DOES Spyder4pro WORK?
Spyder4pro automates and simplifies display calibration. Install the software, attach the color sensor to USB, and step through the wizard. The sensor measures a series of colors on your screen and creates a “profile” that brings your display to a reference state. At the end, you can compare how the images look before and after calibration.
Spyder4pro features a patented, full-spectrum 7-color sensor that can accurately characterize a variety of wide gamut and normal displays. Spyder4pro software lets you use the same sensor to calibrate your computer displays, TVs (with purchase of Spyder4tv hd cross-grade), plus iPads, iPhones, and Android devices (with the free Spydergallery App). No other calibrator has this capability. The fourth-generation sensor uses double-shielded filters for longer life and better performance. On average, accuracy and precision are improved by 26% and 19% respectively.
Do you already own a Spyder4pro? Click here to learn about the additional features in Spyder4elite and how you can upgrade today!
- Automated Color & Brightness Calibration
Spyder4pro‘s simple, clear and automated process makes it straightforward to calibrate your displays to a reference condition. You can view and edit images with confidence on a display calibrated to show true-to-life colors and luminance adjusted for precise shadow/highlight detail.
- Full-spectrum color sensor
Spyder4pro‘s patented 7-color sensor improves upon colorimeters that use 3-channel RGB sensors. Each Spyder4pro unit is individually tuned in the factory to accurately handle a variety of wide-gamut and normal gamut displays with ease.
- Single sensor calibrates all your displays
Spyder4pro works with your laptop, multiple monitors, iPad, iPhone and Android devices. It works with LCD, LED, OLED, CRT, Retina Display, and other display technologies. You can calibrate multiple displays connected to your computer.
- Improved accuracy and stability
The fourth-generation Spyder4pro has double-shielded color filters for an even closer match to CIE color standards and improved long term stability. Average accuracy increased by 26% and consistency between Spyder units has improved 19%.
- Fast Re-calibration Assistant
The “ReCAL” feature makes it quick and easy to recalibrate your display to compensate for changes that occur over time.
- Adapts display to surrounding light
The lighting around you will affect image contrast and appearance. An additional sensor on the Spyder4pro detects changes to surrounding light and adapts the display luminance accordingly.
- Datacolor Spyder4pro colorimeter
- Desktop Cradle/Tripod mount
- Spyder4pro Software CD
- Quick Start Guide (in 10 languages)
- 1-year warranty (for countries of the EU, the period is 2 years)
- Free Online Support
- Win 7 32/64, Win 8 32/64, Mac OS X 10.7, 10.8 & 10.9
- Color monitor with at least 1024×768 resolution (1024 x 600 netbook option)
- 24-bit video card
- Powered USB port
Computer Display Calibration
* L-Star technology is Licensed Property of INTEGRATED COLOR SOLUTIONS, INC., Patent No.: 7,075,552 and No. 6,937,249.
Video Reference Display and TV Tuning
|Whitepoint Preset Tuning|
** Spyder4ELITE HD not sold separately